Dive Package from US$
4 Days / 3 Nights Package
This mildly converted platform is based right in the heart of the coral triangle, in Sabah, Malaysia Borneo. This metal monstrosity was once commissioned as an exploration jack up rig in the oil and gas industry and now revamped as the Seaventures Dive Rig. A unique dive resort and the only one of its kind in the world, Seaventures still maintains the allure and spirit of a working rig yet the rooms are made more comfortable, the food highly acclaimed, service exemplary and diving world class.
It truly is a novelty alternative to any dive resort and best of all it is situated in one of the diving industry’s renowned dive destinations commonly ranked as being one of the world’s best.
Seaventures is a PADI 5 Star IDC Dive Resort based about 26km south from the nearest port of Semporna in Sabah, Malaysia, about 0.7km from Mabul Island which is renowned for great macro and muck diving, 5km from Kapalai Island with its sunken wrecks and artificial reefs and about 9km north of Sipadan Island which is ranked as one of the best diving destinations in the world.
Diving: A well run and organized dive station fully equipped to handle a variety of scuba activities. Well maintained rental gear and dive boats that transport divers to and from sites with a top notch professional dive team, well versed in marine life and conditions in the local area with eagle eyes to spot even the most unsightly of creatures. The Rig is proud of its uncompromised safety record especially when it comes to customer care. Seaventures provide a variety of PADI courses ranging from try dives and beginner courses to professional certifications and specialties. Right now we are also the only resort in the area to teach the PADI Cavern Specialty course in Sipadan’s famous Turtle Tomb.
Our trademark feature on the Rig is our famed elevator that lowers divers directly into the best house reef in the area right under the Rig. Gone are the days of lugging your gear and giant stride entries – just walk on and let yourself be lowered into the water and slide right off into your dive. The lift is also the main platform for our famous Rig Jump – a favourite feat for all guests to try at least once while they are here. Are you game?
The Seaventures House Reef has an array of marine life from macro delights to pelagics. Commonly seen amongst your large schooling varieties of tropical reef fish are barracuda, groupers, cuttlefish, turtles, giant morays, ribbon eels, frog fish, scorpion fish, crocodile flatheads, lion fish, nudibranchs and ghost pipe fish with the occasional sightings of blue ring octopus. On rare opportunities a whale shark or two have been know to cruise by below too.
Seaventures offers free unlimited House Reef diving for all our diving guests. Just help yourself to a tank and buddy and enjoy a leisurely dive in your own time and pace.
Nights Single Double/Twin 4D/3N US$1,220 US$ 820 5D/4N US$1,538 US$1,025 6D/5N US$1,845 US$1,230
- Return boat transfer Semporna – Seaventures Dive Rig (based on Seaventures standard scheduled transfer & min 2 pax)
- Full board meals, snacks, coffee/tea & soft drinks (not including alcoholic and carbonated drinks)
- Twin share accommodation, fully air-conditioned with en-suite bathroom
- 3 daily boat dives between Mabul and Kapalai EXCEPT arrival and departure day
- Unlimited House reef diving with buddy
- Tanks, weights and weightbelt
- Sipadan permit at MYR40.00 / day / person * Subject to permit availability
- Full set equipment rental available for rent at the Rig at US$32 /S$40 per person / day EXCLUDES Dive Computer, Underwater Camera and Torch
- Bar Bills/Souvenier Shop Bills (if any)
All single travelers will be subject to room sharing unless a request is made for a non sharing/own room. For non sharing/ own room a 50% Single Supplement Rate will be charged on the package price.Reserve your space with only a 30% deposit and pay the balance 60 Days prior to departure. Above rates valid till 31 March 2015 and subjected to change without prior notice.
SAMPLE ITINERARY FOR 5 DAYS / 4 NIGHTS SEAVENTURES DIVING PACKAGE
Day 1: Arrive at SEAVENTURES Rig Resort (Lunch/Dinner)
– Meet up at Semporna office. From Semporna Jetty, you will proceed to the Rig. Boat journey takes approximately 45 minutes, depending on the weather and sea conditions.
– Check in to your room then a dive briefing by the Seaventures Dive Team.
– Check out dive underneath the Rig.
– If you are qualified for night diving, you can do house reef night diving with your buddy. There is no additional charges for night diving, except for the torch should you have none of your own
Day 2 – 4: SEAVENTURES Rig Resort (Breakfast/Lunch/Dinner)
– 3 boat dives between Mabul or Kapalai or Sipadan ** + unlimited house reef diving with buddy underneath the Rig
**Diving in Sipadan is subject to permit availability and approval from Sabah Parks Management. However, if permit to Sipadan Island is not available and/or approved, please take note that the package remains in force for 3 boat dives and to be conducted between Mabul or Kapalai or nearby island.
Day 5 : Departure (Breakfast/Lunch)
– Maximum of 2 boat dives for guests without flight on departure day
– Check out at 1330hrs to Semporna
*Note : No diving for guests flying on their check out day. Boat dives are non transferable and only permitted as scheduled by Seaventures management for each diver. Please organize your flights accordingly. Kindly take note that NO DIVEMASTERS WILL ACCOMPANY HOUSE REEF DIVES, unless prior arrangements are made.
Please email us at firstname.lastname@example.org for group booking of 10 pax and above and non divers package.
Scheduled Land Transfer
Route Time Tawau Airport To Semporna 0830 hrs 1100 hrs 1500 hrs Tawau Town (airport transit) to Semporna 0730 hrs 0930 hrs 1430 hrs Semporna to Tawau Airport or Town 1200 hrs 1500 hrs N/A
Scheduled Boat Transfer
Route Time Semporna to Rig 1000 hrs * 1230 hrs 1630 hrs Rig to Semporna 1100 hrs 1400 hrs * N/A
Note: * No single traveller surcharge for these transfer times